For Beau – Your Story
from Mommy & Daddy...we love you so much! (written in February, 2005)
-Paperwork, Paperwork-
Kevin and I attended an orientation at Christian Homes of Abilene on a weekend in April. We received all the information we needed to know that Christian Homes was the agency for us. Everyone there was so nice and helpful - it really is a ministry to them, not just a job. Anyway, for the next couple of months we got all our paperwork done including a homestudy, writing our autobiographies, financial paperwork, getting references, and even getting our fingerprints taken at the DPS. It was lots and lots of paperwork and lots and lots of work, but I really enjoyed doing it. We put together a scrapbook about ourselves so that the birthmothers could look through it to find out more about us.
At one point we thought we were matched up with a baby, but it ended up not working out. We were very sad because we thought we were so close to getting a baby. But God has a way of making things work out. Little did we know that just a few weeks later, we would get the phone call that changed our lives.
Then we waited...
-The Phone Call-
On December 14, Kevin was keeping the books for the HSU basketball games and I was at home. The phone rang, but I did not answer it because I was busy wrapping Christmas presents. I then saw on the caller ID that it was Christian Homes and I immediately called right back. It was Becca Gonzales telling us a young lady named Jessica had picked our profile and would like to meet us. I couldn't believe it! I called Kevin and he was so excited so I went up to HSU for the rest of the basketball games.
A couple of weeks later on a snowy day, we went up to Christian Homes to meet Jessica. She was a 26 year old young lady who loved the Lord and knew this baby needed a Daddy and a better life than she could provide. She loved our scrapbook and by the end of the meeting we knew God had made a perfect match with us and Jessica. She asked me if I wanted to go to her doctors appointments until the baby was born, so I got to go to two appointments and see the sonograms.
We spent Christmas in Houston that year - the anticipation of a new baby was the best gift ever!
Then we waited...
-The day you were born-
Early Sunday morning, January 30, 2005 at about 4am, the phone rang. Kevin was not on call so I just knew you were on your way! Sure enough, it was Jessica's mom and she said Jessica had been at the hospital since about 11pm and we might want to get there quickly. Boy, we got dressed and headed to Hendrick. I cannot describe how excited we were!
Good thing we hurried. We got to the hospital and Jessica wanted me in the delivery room with her and her mom. She wanted me to be the first one to hold you. And just a little while later at 5:09am, you were born! You weighed 8 pounds and 13 ounces (Daddy Dee told us that was the "official" weight of a shot put!). You had red hair. Jessica said she did not know where your red hair came from except that she had prayed that you would look like us - and you do! We hear it all the time. Anyway, Jessica went to sleep and Kevin came in and we just sat there holding you for the next couple of hours. You had to be in the nursery for doctors rounds at 7am. It was wonderful. Just wonderful!
-Everyone came!-
No one could wait to see you. Honey was already there from Houston for a baby shower the weekend before. I had already called Mimi and Daddy D on the way to the hospital, and Mimi called the Johnstons, the Kunkels, and the Allings. It wasn't long before everyone had driven over from Waco, Arlington, Houston, and Decatur to see you the very day you were born. There was a family room we could go in a few at a time to hold you. Your cousins were so excited! Everyone was - we had been praying and waiting so long for you to finally get here!
-Going Home-
Tuesday morning was a tough morning at the hospital. That was the day Jessica was to sign her paperwork. As happy as we were, we were sad for Jessica. This was the hardest thing she had ever done. But still, she bathed this decision in constant prayer and knew she could give you a better future through adoption. Her parents were so supportive and she needed that. She loves you.
A couple of hours later, we went to her room and she placed you in our arms and in our family. She asked us to take good care of you and we promised her we would. She knew we already loved you so much.
-Blessing Ceremony-
That morning, Mimi and Daddy D met us at the hospital and followed us to Christian Homes where Honey and Pops already were. There we had your Blessing Ceremony. Several workers from Christian Homes said a prayer for you and we celebrated your arrival with punch and cookies! It was a special time we'll never forget. We are so thankful for you and so blessed that we became a family through the miracle of adoption.
We love you, Mom & Dad.
Keto for Beginners: A Detailed Guide
6 years ago
5 comments:
What a story! It brings tears of joy to my eyes. Happy Birthday Beau.
Oh! What a great story! I am crying. Thankyou for telling it and sharing it with me!
WOW! I am crying such happy tears. So sweet to share this special story of a very special boy! Happy Birthday Beau!
As thankful as we were the day Beau was born, we had no idea of the joy and happiness that he would bring to us. These four years have passed quickly but they are absolutely full of the joy and laughs that Beau has given our family.
Love, Mimi
Sounds very familiar except our birthmother is not a believer and is very confused and sad. We pray for her everyday and hope one day she will know the joy and peace Christ can bring. Thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment